On August 9, Dallas SWE Leadership met to transition responsibilities from our FY14 team to the incoming FY15 team, as well as getting feedback from members who joined us in the afternoon session. We discussed a lot of topics and SWE business items, but here are some highlights from our meeting!
- Feedback from the FY14 Membership Survey was very useful. THANK YOU to those of you who took the time to give your feedback! If you haven’t made your voice heard, the survey is still open so do it today!
- In general, suvey respondants reflected positively on the FY14 events they attended. For FY15 our goal is to have a mix of Professional Development, Networking, and Technical Tour meetings for you to enjoy.
- Several members remarked that they have never been a part of a more diverse SWE group than our Dallas section. That’s a fantastic observation and something we are really proud of!
- We get a lot of requests from local grade schools and colleges for representatives of Dallas SWE to visit classrooms or small groups so young ladies can meet and be inspired by a woman engineer. Keep your eyes peeled for opportunities for you to get involved in our community this year and make a difference in a girl’s life!
- Our Outreach Committee is feverishly working on the next Design Your World: STEM Conference for Girls which will take place in the fall. Stay tuned for updates on that!
- Our FY15 has a lot of great ideas for new membership recruitment and retention activities. We really value our members and want to make sure you know it.
Our next Professional Development meeting is tentatively scheduled for Tuesday, September 19. We will have more details on speaker information and location in the coming weeks.
Thanks again to our volunteer leadership team! If you are interested in being a member or chair of one of our Committees, please view our Committee Descriptions and fill out our Call for Interest Form online!