On Saturday April 25th The Dallas & Ft. Worth SWE professional sections held a Leadership Workshop on the Southern Methodist University campus; we were joined by representatives from the SMU & UT Dallas SWE student sections. SWE Region C Leadership Coaches Jennifer Bell and Carol Bachman lead the sessions; in addition we were honored to have Region C Governor Diane Beever as a special guest presenter.
The day started with an overview of SWE which included the organization’s mission, goals, organizational structure and governance. Two additional modules, Effective Meetings and Communications were presented. Jennifer reviewed Strategic and Tactical Planning methodology – the group then engaged in a working session for FY 15.
- Identify strategies & meeting topics to Engage Male Allies
- Raise SWE Community Awareness – Joint Tours with other Organizations
- Invite Members at Large to Future Leadership Workshops
- Include Family Friendly Activities
The SWE Dallas Section Programming Committee would like to extend special thank yous to Southern Methodist University, the SMU Student Section and their outgoing President Emily Ghastin for hosting our Leadership Workshop this year.
– Cherrie Fisher, Dallas SWE Vice President