Shilpa Nagaraj, Dallas SWE member and Counselor to the Collin College SWE section, shared some information with us about a recent visit of Collin College students to Emerson Process Management in McKinney.
The students had a tour of the facility including the flow lab, materials lab and 3D printer lab. They also enjoyed a great panel discussion chaired by Nadine Brown, Director of Marketing and Business Development regarding several interesting topics for students. Other panel members included Chantel Bailey (Project Manager), Rebecca Hawkins (Project Engineer) and Shilpa Nagaraj (Senior Design Engineer).
The discussion addressed topics including:
- Introduction and background of each panel member
- Positive and negative aspects of being a female engineer
- What advice would you give to your younger self
- Upcoming job trends and new technologies
- Social media profiles for job seekers
- Importance of soft skills for engineers
- Learning is a journey not a destination!
Thanks to Emerson and our Dallas SWE members who support our sister SWE sections at local colleges!